George H. Lynas was associated with his father’s - Dr. James B. Lynas - business - assuming presidency of the company in 1901 after "J. B.’s" death.
On the third floor of the 519-523 E. Market street building was a complete little factory which, no doubt, was unknown to over 99 per cent of the people of Logansport. This factory produced aprons and it grew from a very small beginning to the point where it occupied floor space 64x34 feet in dimension. At first only one or two women worked there. More employees were added. The aprons made in the Lynas factory were sold through the same agency that handled all other products of the Lynas establishment.
Modern machinery was installed. The table on which the fabric cutter worked was located on the east side of the room and extended a distance of 54 feet. Next to this table there were shelves.
Running through the center of the room was a large ironing table. There were fourteen 10 straight head sewing machines in the factory, much like the one pictured above.
August 3, 1919 ad for help wanted Logansport Pharos Reporter, page 16.
On the north side of the large room one could look out over the city, in a nice, well-furnished little recreation space. A large piano was the central object in the space. On the floor there were rugs and scattered about were comfortable chairs "for the benefit of the workers of the factory, at the noon hour and during intermissions throughout the day".
On the south side of the large room occupied by the machines was a convenient dressing-room.
Miss Jennie Bryer, an experienced seamstress was placed in charge of the work in the Lynas apron factory.
George H. Lynas died December 13, 1926.
George's brother, Will, sold the Dr. Lynas & Son business in 1938. It was finally dissolved as a business in 1965.